FiglinQ currently supports three distinct types of content: charts, datasets and figures / dashboards. Each type of content can have three distinct accessibility states:
- Private: content is accessible only to its author, when logged into FiglinQ account.
- Private link: content is accessible to its author and to anyone who is in posession of a secret link, and is logged into FiglinQ.
- Public: content is accessible by anyone who:
- has a direct public link to the content,
- visits the author's profile page or
- visits the FiglinQ content search engine page.
New charts and datasets can be created from scratch using chart editor, and existing public charts and datasets can be copied (forked) into your own workspace. Datasets can also be imported from a local hard drive or from online resources. FiglinQ currently supports importing comma-separated value files (.csv) and single-sheet Excel sheets (.xls, .xlsx). Charts can be exported as images or scripts (various popular programming languages are supported). Figures (dashboards) can only be created using our figure editor - they cannot be imported or exported.
Content can be organized in folders and subfolders in your private workspace. Content can also be privately shared with your collaborators, openly published and embedded in online media and smart manuscripts.